2014/09/11

remembering 9/11

This morning at work, a customer reminded us to "remember" today.

Oh, yes, I remember. What do I remember?

I remember that one month before 9/11, pResident George W. Bush blew off a security brief entitled, "Bin Laden Determined To Strike In U.S." He told his staff, "OK, you've covered your ass now," and resumed his month-long vacation that he really thought he needed after only seven months in office.

I remember that Bush apologists have claimed that "no terrorist attacks took place on U.S. soil" during George W. Bush's presidency, despite by far the largest ever terrorist attack taking place on U.S. soil during George W. Bush's first year in office.

I remember that Bush and his cabal of neocon chickenhawks lied repeatedly to get us into war in Iraq, using 9/11 as an excuse. This despite al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein being strongly opposed to one another and having not acted together on the 9/11 attacks (or anything else, for that matter).

I remember that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Perle, et al. were wrong about absolutely everything having to do with Iraq.

I remember that Bush's war of choice against Iraq set the stage for ISIS.

Most of all, I remember that more Americans died in the subsequent Iraq war than on 9/11.

1 comment: