2012/07/26

sleep

Oh man, I slept long and deeply today. I went to bed at about 10 A.M. and Lisa woke me at 7 P.M.

I washed all the dishes (they had piled up pretty high over the previous couple of days, as I was preparing for my new sleep schedule.

The job was not bad at all for most of the night. But when the local paper plant's night shift got off work at about 4 A.M., it started to get busy. By 6 A.M I was freaking out. So many customers, and me using a cash register for the first time.

I wanted to utter profanities pretty often during the last couple of hours. I told my co-worker that I would be "cussing a blue streak as soon as I was in the privacy of my car."

Everything about the job is pretty cool, except for the cash register. That's something I've never wanted anything to do with, except for installing them, of course.

You can bet that I'm still looking for other work, but I'll stick it out at the store as long as I can.

Next week I get to do the job all alone. Oh boy. Not looking forward to that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment