2012/07/30

paying the bills

It is the end of the month, and time to create another page in my budget spreadsheet. It feels good to know that all of our bills will be paid on time in August and we'll have money left over for a change. Lisa will be able to get her satellite TV too.

And it is time for my six-month recertification for food stamps. Since I have started working again, my food stamp allowance will probably be significantly reduced. That's OK. We'll be able to afford to pay "real" money for food now.

Unlike many Americans, I'm also looking forward to paying income taxes again. It is, in my opinion, one's patriotic duty to pay taxes. Of course, I'll probably get all of them back when I file my tax returns next winter; my income for this year will still be far less than the individual deduction. Next year will be a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment