2012/04/30

this is odd

For some reason, I have not been able to log in to Blogger - or any other Google product - on my own computer lately. I'm using Lisa's laptop to write this. I also can't log in to our bank.

In both cases, I get the login screen; after entering my username and password, there is a short wait, and then I get an error message saying that the website is either down or too busy. But if I use Lisa's machine, I can get in quickly.

Our machines are physically identical. We bought them both within a two-month period last fall. She runs Windows 7; I run Debian Linux. Both of us use the Firefox browser and I have installed the same security add-ons on both machines. This is a new problem, just coming up during the month of April. Oh well. At least I can use her machine to pay the bills when the money comes in later this week.

Today, though, we have to go to the doctor. Lisa is having a scope pushed down her throat this afternoon to investigate her hiatal hernia. Her doctor in Florida was very concerned that she have it looked at before it gets more serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment