2011/02/14

life goes on

Although we both endured problematic colds just a few weeks ago, Lisa has come down with a serious chest cold. She tried NyQuil yesterday but by this morning it was clear that Mucinex was necessary. In a stroke of fortune, Norman heard her coughing and congestion and offered up some Mucinex! He has chronic chest congestion so he had a lot of medicine on hand.

I'm not as angry at the world today, though I started out pissed off because Lisa got me up at 5AM to make coffee - because a hot drink would help loosen her chest.

The thing is, other than some recent illness, things are really going pretty well for us right now. We are keeping up with all of our bills. I was called in, by the job shop I have been working with, for an emergency one-day IT job a few weeks ago; it was an hour from home and they needed me ASAP. When I got there, they said that the job was three days old and had been cancelled. The job shop paid me for 4 hours anyway. I ended up earning $36/hour for driving to St. Pete and back. My income tax return ($45) came in too, so we had a little over a hundred bucks to help with the essentials.

So I am counting my blessings and getting by. It's been a while since I've had a depressive episode like yesterday's. Let's hope that it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment