2011/01/25

happy birthday

Robert Burns would have been 252 years old today, had he survived. (Thanks, Bill.)

Our area - much of the state actually - was visited by a cold front-driven rainstorm late today. I awaited the arrival of the storm eagerly; the low air pressure was obvious and the radar images taunted me with shimmering images of green, yellow and red, sliding in from the Gulf in a northeasterly direction, approaching and yet not approaching.

Tornado watches, then warnings and finally a few actual twisters, but none close to us. Lisa's protective bubble shielded us again. Over an inch of rain has fallen so far, but the heaviest was during the first hour or so.

I suppose the President is speaking right now; I should be watching. The Bush years soured me on State of the Union addresses. It was impossible for me to take him seriously, what with his deer-in-the-headlights look (when he was trying to look serious) and inappropriate smirks (the rest of the time).

OK, the radio's on, 9:24 PM. Renewable energy. My kind of stuff. Going to the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment