2010/09/07

grammar boy strikes again

I removed an extraneous comma in a Wikipedia article. You can see the corrected version here. There may be more errors, but I just took the offending comma away.

My first edit! Gimme a job as a proofreader! I find this stuff all the time! Come on, folks! I work cheap, and usually don't use exclamation points unless appropriate!

Actually, that is a really good idea. How would I go about that? Can I just walk into a publishing company and say, "Let me proofread some stuff. If I do well, consider me for employment"?

And can I work from home?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a good start for a resume. I know the printed page is slowly and sadly going out of style, but I see so many errors every time I read a publication, someone needs to be proof reading.

    ReplyDelete