2009/12/20

hairy birthmas !!

Those individuals whose birthday lies close to Christmas often grow up with mixed feelings about both birthdays and Christmas.

And so I announce to the world my latest concept, Hairy Birthmas.

The etymology of the name is simple:
Happy Birthday
Merry Christmas, thus:
Ha(i)ry Birthmas.

Over the span of several days, at irregular intervals, I gave Lisa surprise gifts, starting with chocolate-covered cherries. At one point I gave her something in a package marked "Hairy Birthmas", and a tradition was born. (Dang! Will I have to do this every year now?)

On Friday, I gave Lisa something and told her that there was one more surprise, but she couldn't have it until Saturday (her actual birthday). That evening I heard her call from the kitchen, "ooh, I found your surprise! Ice cream!"

Saturday afternoon she received the real surprise, Devil's Food cake with chocolate icing.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that this was the happiest birthday I've ever had. I decided it need to be a song sung to the "The first day of Christas. So here it is. On the first day of my birthday my true love gave to me a box o-of chocolate cherries. On the Second day of birthday my true love gave to me a card that said Hairy Birthmas to me. On the third day of my birthday my true love gave to me my favorite chocolate cake with chocoate iiiiccciiiig. I'm not a song writer but I thought it was fun. I love him dearly and no one has ever treated me so good.

    ReplyDelete