2009/07/18

multitasking

Oh yeah! Back to my old multitasking habits. I am listening to Car Talk on WinAmp and blogging my own PC while tweaking Lisa's PC.

She was having trouble getting a FireFox theme that satisfied her and wanted her old Littlefox theme back. I fixed that and updated a number of outdated programs. Noticing that she was running low on free disk space, I ran CCleaner followed by the Verizon disk cleanup and defragmenter.

Disk space was still low. Knowing that she stores an awful lot of music on her drive, I fired up WinAmp and started using its "Format Converter" function to reduce the bit rate on any tunes that exceed 128Kbps. This is still a work in progress (I had to abandon it last night to get some sleep) but so far I have saved quite a bit of space.

After that job is complete I will run Verizon defrag again.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of people have been telling me I should get winamp. I remember Anna and I having it on moms old computer back up in New York. I don't remember if I liked it though.

    So is it you that I get my multitasking from? I just woke up not too long ago and I'm already listening to Billy Talent, wondering what I should draw today, reading and article about a guy who supposedly lived either 199 or 256 years, watching someone draw/colour, checking my messages, talking to my friend Jess and munching ginger snap cookies.

    If you want to read that article, it's here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Ching-Yuen

    ReplyDelete