2009/01/15

O, what a day

Two years ago today, my beloved mother passed away after a long and difficult battle with cancer. Her passing, while painful for us to observe, was no doubt a relief for her.

As for this particular day - this year - we moved furniture. I vacuumed and washed laundry. Lisa seems to have lost a small nose ring (not actually a ring, but one of those pins located on the side of the nose). She believes that it disappeared under the skin and has spent the past hour trying to retrieve it. First she worked on it herself, then I tried (unsuccessfully) to assist; finally Jacob gave it a go. No joy.

A couple of days ago I found my hair clippers, so I trimmed the neck portion of my beard. Soon the sides will also be shortened, though not so closely as the neck. My goatee, of course, will not be affected at all. I like it long.

No comments:

Post a Comment