2004/01/02

we need water ... good good water

and maybe somebody's daughter

The plumbers finally arrived and commenced work on my water leak. They cut a great L-shaped slot in my wall, drilled holes and crawled through the ceiling running PVC pipe. They even hooked up hot water to my washing machine, which has only had cold water before. Wonderful!

Then they went back out to the water meter and turned the flow back on.

We heard the sound of water in the pipes. This was not good. That very sound was the first indication I had that there was a leak in the first place.

After about 20 minutes, water started seeping up near the back door, and started flowing up into the bathroom.

As it turns out, they had only been told to re-pipe the hot water system! This was never discussed with me during the previous two visits during which the situation was assessed by their company. In fact I got the distinct impression (mostly due to direct comments) that they were going to re-pipe both the hot and cold water lines.

I should be angry. I am most definitely disappointed.

It has now been five full weeks that I have been walking out to the road to turn the water on every time I need it. My bathroom smells like an outhouse because I've only been flushing once or twice a day. I have dirty dishes piled up in the kitchen. My laundry is piled sky-high. I've been taking showers every two to three days.

You might think that this sounds like a typical single guy's house, and you might be right, but it isn't my usual situation. I'm sick of it and I believe that I deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment