2015/07/13

7 1/2 on 7/12

Yesterday was my 7 1/2 year sobriety anniversary, and I noticed that the numbers match, though the slash moves and a space vanishes.

I've been in serious hermit mode for a couple of months now. It has been a long time since I have logged into Facebook and I haven't been in touch with that nice lady that I mentioned a few months ago for at least a month.

This is a problem that I've been dealing with for as long as I can remember. When things go too well, or too badly, I retreat into my hermit shell.

What really set it off this time, I think, was my last visit to the shrink. She told me several things that I should do that would be good for my health and emotional well-being, and of course my subconscious rebelled. I have done none of the things she recommended. This is not really OK with me, but there it is. At least I am aware of it.

Oh well. Since I've been holed up at home, I have started a little garden this year. There were existing plants that I never did much about; daffodils, hostas, columbine, and a white-and-green variegated ground cover. The daffodils haven't been touched, but I've cleared out the weeds in the ground cover as well as between the hostas and the columbine. I transplanted some of the ground cover to that newly open space, and tore up about half of the existing ground cover to plant strawberries.

Next year, we eat strawberries! Today, we water them and wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment