2014/04/17

feeling better, more or less

Better, except for the new hernia.

It was only a matter of time. I knew that. All DeKing men get hernias, eventually. What bothers me is that I got it from blowing my nose. My dang allergies caused a hernia. It's uncomfortable as hell and it's adversely affecting my active lifestyle.

I went in for my mental health reassessment on Monday. They can't give me meds yet, but I'm back in the system and updated, I have a medication appointment in five weeks, and I'm on the cancellation list so I might get in sooner.

A couple of days ago I found a bright red crayfish in one of the smaller creeks behind my house. It looked like it had been boiled, but evidently that is its natural color. The species is Cambarus carolinus aka the red burrowing crayfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment