2014/03/15

woo-hoo, it's Saturday

Yeah, I forgot it was Saturday until after our morning walk. Again.

And, just like déjà vu all over again, I was immediately elevated to a more cheerful mood.

Now, I'm not saying I was in a bad mood before that. Far from it. I had a good night at work, Rocko and I had a good walk, and I was feeling pretty good. But Saturday radio! Weekend Edition, Car Talk (Click and Clack retired, so the show is all repeats, but it's still good), Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Prairie Home Companion - all long-time favorites of mine. (Sorry, too lazy to turn them thar show titles into links. It's Saturday.)

Spring is springing here. The daffodils have been blooming for a few days, the dang multiflora roses in the woods are starting to put out their first leaves, some of the wild grasses are starting to sprout and, on warmer days, insects are making an appearance. I've taken to reminding Rocko to watch out for snakes now and then when we're in the woods. They'll be out soon, as the days warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment