All of the houseplants were re-potted yesterday. I had one empty pot that was big enough for the desert rose, which had been in the largest pot, so everybody got to move up to a hand-me-down pot.
Some of the plants, notably the desert rose, will need re-potting again soon into a still larger pot. That poor desert rose has thick underground roots that were bent from hitting the bottom of the old pot. It looks like it's going to need a big, floor-style pot, because its biggest roots want to run at least half as deep as the plant is high above the surface.
I left a few windows partially open last night. Yesterday morning I turned off the heat pump because it was nearly 80℉ outside. With the heat off and the windows open, I arose at 9 A.M. to a 71℉ house. That's nice. I usually have the heat set at 67℉ during the day and 62℉ at night.
Time to go outside and drink coffee with Cat Mandu (a.k.a. George) and Dog Boy (a.k.a. Rocko). Cat Mandu came inside a few minutes ago, rubbed on my leg, and went back out. Dog Boy is out there giving me a pleading look. They love our morning walk. We have a route that we take, heading down to the north end, around that area a bit, then back up and over to the creek in the gully behind the house.
Gotta go be with the boys.
Sunday Sweets For International Chocolate Day
23 hours ago






No comments:
Post a Comment