2013/01/15

back on my meds

After almost a month without them, I am back on my antidepressants. When Lisa died she had almost a month's supply of the same thing that I take, so I just took those until they ran out. I had called for a refill of my own but never picked it up. Yesterday I called to get another refill. This time I took the drive into Waynesville to pick up my meds at the Wal-Mart pharmacy. I took one as soon as I got back to my car.

Antidepressants are supposed to take time to work, but I feel much better already. That's probably because my brain is accustomed to having citalopram present. I've done some house cleaning today and even hung a picture that has been on the floor leaning against the wall since Lisa came back from her last Florida trip. It took four tries to get the nail into a stud, but the holes from the failed attempts are hidden behind the picture.

Today marks six years since we lost my mother. I don't know if she had any influence on the generous and much needed donation to my Paypal account, but I choose to think so. She and Lisa are my guardian angels. They must be very busy.

It has been raining here for a couple of days now. The river is exceptionally loud, and when I headed into town yesterday it looked pretty wild and brown with sediment. It normally runs crystal clear. About an hour ago I saw a car go by with a whitewater kayak on the roof. There is supposed to be a good section of whitewater upstream from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment