2012/09/03

satellite TV at last

And so, on Saturday, the fellow from DISH came to our house and installed our service. Now that we have a DVR, I am watching my Saturday evening BBC shows that we receive via PBS, even though it is Monday afternoon.

My favorites are "As Time Goes By" with Geoffrey Palmer and Dame Judi Dench; "Foyle's War," a British detective series set during World War II; "MI-5," which is called "Spooks" when it airs in Britain, and "Yes, Minister," an older comedy starring Paul Eddington.

Of course I also scheduled "The Simpsons" to be recorded. I've been a fan of them since they were a short feature on "The Tracy Ullman Show" back in the 1980's, and once we moved to the mountains I wasn't able to watch them because we cannot receive any local Fox affiliates with an antenna.

The only really odd thing is that the otherwise helpful and capable installation technician was, he didn't bury the cable from the satellite dish to the house. It is a bright orange, large cable. Burying it won't be a problem for me; it only needs to be beneath the sod.

Things are going well at work. They have me cooking breakfast biscuits on the weekends, which I wasn't too happy about at first. But there isn't enough cooking necessary on Saturday and Sunday mornings to justify a dedicated cook on the night shift. I'm getting used to it.

Ah, well, I'm trying to watch Foyle while writing this and I have to keep rewinding. Plus there is a lot of housework to catch up on, this being my Saturday and all.

But I do highly recommend the series Foyle's War.

No comments:

Post a Comment