2012/09/29

mo' money

The early-morning cook at our Single Stop store has left us.  She was hired at another store; they offered her easier hours than she had with us.  No longer will she need to get up at 2 A.M. to go to work.  She is 62 years old (though she looks years younger) and retired, with a disabled husband, and believes that this new job will be better for her health since she won't be working crazy hours.

With her gone, the graveyard shift crew will need to cook the early breakfast items.  That means me and the guy who works on the nights when I don't.  He refused to go along with this; before the cook was hired, he had to cook breakfast, and doesn't want to do it again. To be fair, we on the night shift are already quite busy most nights, and adding daily breakfasts will be a real strain on our ability to cover our list of nightly chores.

My take on this is, I need my job and will do my best to live up to expectations.

Since the other guy isn't willing to cook breakfast during the week, my schedule has been changed from Wednesday night (Thursday morning) through Saturday night (Sunday morning) to Sunday night (Monday morning) through through Thursday night (Friday morning). This brings me up from 32 to 40 hours per week. That's two extra days per paycheck, and I'm pretty happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment