2012/08/17

autumn is coming

While there is no sign of frost anytime soon, it feels like summer is over here on the mountainside up the river.

Despite receiving regular rainfall, the undergrowth in the woods on our east slope has settled down and it is easier to walk around down there (though you still need a walking stick - it's just as steep as ever). Some trees are losing leaves.

Goldenrod is starting to bloom and our allergies know about it. Itchy eyes and runny noses. But that's OK, there are pills and eye drops available to minimize our symptoms.

Lisa spent the past three nights with her mother. Rocko and I both miss her a lot, but we're going to get her this afternoon. She's baking a chicken so I'll get a decent meal today; I've been living "bachelor style" while she's been gone. The sinks are full of dishes, there was a computer lying disassembled on one kitchen counter for two days, I've been eating hot dogs and cereal.

Hey, I've been busy! I worked 5 out of the last 6 days, and on the other day took Lisa to the doctor and mowed my mother-in-law's yard. She hopes that I'll do more yard work today. Oh well. I'd rather be puttering around outdoors than sitting in the house talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment