2012/05/08

I voted

Today I did my civic duty and voted at the Cruso fire hall. It was easy and painless, as it should be. They didn't ask for any ID or a voter registration card; there is a printed listing of registered voters and my name was there. They pulled off a sticker with my information and attached it to another form, then I was taken to a touchscreen voting booth. As a registered Democrat, I received the correct ballot for this primary.

And I voted AGAINST Amendment One. Same-sex marriage is already illegal in North Carolina. This Amendment, promoted by the anti-gay types, would restrict the rights of unmarried heterosexual couples and their children.

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't seen this before (it was produced last November), gay sign-language expert Mister Chase gets to the nub of the obsessions of the haters. The result of the North Carolina vote makes it especially relevant right now -
    http://youtu.be/naVhENYll8c
    - I'm afraid it contains much profanity, but if the situation warrants it (which it does) ...

    ReplyDelete