2012/04/07

Jack is gone

Our beloved cat, Jack, was struck and killed by a car about an hour ago.

I was sitting here in the living room with Lisa, contemplating plans for the day. A car passed by and it sounded like it had hit a pothole, but we don't have any potholes in the road in front of our house. I leapt up and saw Jack lying in the road. The car didn't even slow down.

I ran out to the road in my socks and went to Jack. I picked him up carefully and brought him to the driveway. There was a small patch of blood in the road, just about the size of a U.S. half-dollar. The car appears to have struck him in the head, breaking his neck. He still had a heartbeat for a few minutes, but then he was gone.

We are terribly shaken by this event. He wasn't "just a cat," he was our cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment