2012/04/30

damn fools

A friend of mine posted something on Facebook today that really set me off. I read it hours ago and just can't let go of it.

He's a smart guy. What he wrote wasn't; he basically said that there is no difference between the Democrats and Republicans in modern politics.

My response was short. I said that there have been times when it seemed as if that were true, but not today.

What I didn't say was:

Democrats aren't trying to impose a Christian theocracy on the rest of us. Republicans are.

Democrats aren't trying at every turn to enrich the already wealthy at the expense of the "little people." Republicans are.

Democrats aren't denying the disparity in wages between men and women. Republicans are.

Democrats aren't denying climate change. Republicans are.

I could go on and on, but I have other things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment