2012/03/01

Breitbart dead at 43

The news that Andrew Breitbart has passed away from natural causes at the age of 43 comes as a surprise, but the comments I read under the Yahoo News article are full of conspiracy theorists claiming that nobody dies of natural causes at such a young age. I call bullshit on that.

A fellow I went to school with, from 1st grade through graduation from high school, died of a heart attack at age 39. A good friend whom I worked with in Tallahassee had a heart attack when he was 35; fortunately he survived and is still with us today, in his 50's.

The comments that weren't positing the idea that Breitbart was taken out by the government were mostly hateful attacks on "the liberals," assuming that we'd be celebrating. Well, he was a pain in the ass and often a liar, but I feel for his family. I'm not celebrating, and I don't find liberals in general to be hateful people; we appear to care more about the welfare of others than the so-called Christian conservatives.

But it is still a lovely day here at the top of the valley. The puppies are finally worn out and resting on our porch; the hillside across the street is greening up quickly. I'm sitting on the porch wearing shorts and sandals. The motorcycles are out in force too. If I had one, I'd want to be riding today too. There was even one bicycle that went by.

Usually I see the bicyclists on the Transylvania County side of the Parkway; all of them are clearly into the sport, and wear proper bike clothing. Every time I go to Brevard I see at least a few bicyclists heading up the road, and again when I head back home - by then they are coming back down.

Heaven on Earth; God's country. We are so happy to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment