2011/02/02

relevance

I managed to get some sleep this morning. At 7AM I relented and took a Xanax in order to get a nap. Five hours of sleep and I'm able to handle the rest of the day.

On the subject of relevance, I have added a link to Al Jazeera English in the "News, Radio & TV" portion of my sidebar. They are truly a relevant news outlet and - let's face it - they are far more "fair and balanced" than Faux Gnus has ever been.

I'm watching CNN right now. What had been, for over a week, a primarily peaceful protest has been inflamed by pro-Mubarak counter-demonstrators. Wonderful. Reporters (plural - not just Anderson Cooper) have been harassed and even attacked outright by Mubarak supporters.

Ultimately I expect Mubarak to be gone, dead or alive, very soon. I also expect Egypt to settle rather quickly into a new and relatively stable government. The military is standing back and letting things play out, providing security for the Museum of Antiquities as well as for protesters.

At this point, with the information I have managed to glean, I believe that pro-Mubarak forces are the greatest threat to the safety of the citizens and their glorious historical artifacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment