2010/11/25

obligatory holiday post

This year I am thankful for so many things. Love, companionship, shelter and plenty of food to eat.

About 12 years ago I spent Thanksgiving alone and broke. My holiday "dinner" was a single package of Top Ramen and a glass of tap water. I had shelter - a room rented from my boss, in his daughter's house - but most of my money had gone to beer and cocaine. The drugs and alcohol were long gone. What a hungry, lonely day that was. The only company I had was my little cat.

Today, Lisa had a three-way Skype get-together with her sister and niece. She was able to say hello to family members whom she had not seen for years. We aren't having a special meal at home, but may get a plate from Norman's family gathering. Even if we don't, there is lots of food in the fridge and freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment