2010/10/24

that was quick

Eight inches beneath the surface, I located the leak. There is a cracked T connector in the PVC pipe that leads to the house. Grubbing around in the garage and shed, I scrounged up several T joints of the correct size and one butt connector. Behind the shed was a six-foot length of the same pipe. Now all I need is two more butt joints, primer and glue and I'll be able to replace the failed T. There is a good chance that two more butt connectors are hiding around here somewhere. If not, well, they won't cost much. I'll definitely need to buy the chemicals; an old and rusting can of the purple primer was in the shed - but it is so old that it isn't even purple anymore.

Once I had found the leak, I turned on the water briefly. A thin stream of water shot from the inside corner of the broken T, traveling about six feet through the air before landing. Ace Hardware, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment