2009/09/25

stitches

Lisa's doctor said that her stitches could come out today, so I removed them a few minutes ago. There was a single external stitch on each incision. I cleaned the areas with hydrogen peroxide and used sterilized nail clippers. One easy snip on each stitch and they pulled out so easily that she didn't feel a thing. Then I swabbed each incision with peroxide again and applied fresh bandages. There is no sign of infection.

This is by no means the first time I have removed stitches. I always take my own out and have removed them from other people and pets. Why pay a doctor for a procedure that takes less than a minute?

She still has pain in her knee, but not near the incisions. The doctor told her to expect the pain to last another 10 to 14 days, and it has only been eight days since her surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment