2009/02/10

accomplishments

Lisa received her Valentine's Day gift today. The old man next door is not healthy enough to use his Laz-E-Boy recliner anymore, so I brought it home for my lady.

She managed to get a lot of essential phone calls made today. I replaced an electrical outlet that Lisa says has been blown out (literally - the top socket was gone and the entire assembly was charred) for about 20 years. Her ex-husband promised over and over again that he'd get around to it. Once he was gone, her son made the same promises. Therefore, when I said that I could do it forthwith, she was understandably unimpressed and refused to get her hopes up.

This afternoon I found the correct circuit breaker to kill that circuit and replaced the outlet. With that done and the recliner in place, Lisa exclaimed that she "finally feels at home again".

No comments:

Post a Comment