2008/01/13

on my way

This will be my last post for some time. On Monday I check in at the Florida Center at Avon Park for my nine-week stay, and I doubt they allow us any Internet access.

Yesterday, my father and stepmother picked me up in Tallahassee and brought me to their home in Zephyrhills, FL. From here they will deliver me to Avon Park on Monday morning.

This is a great opportunity for me to turn my life around, and it comes one year after we lost my mother to cancer.

Friday night I went out to say goodbye to some friends and had my last few beers. I also had to say goodbye to my "wife", as she called herself. It was difficult to say the least. As infuriating as she could be at times, I will truly miss her.

After treatment, I have no plans to return to Tallahassee. I want to tell everybody there - the ones who read this, anyway - that my life is all the richer for having known you. Thank you for your kindness and friendship. When I can get online again I will continue to document my life, post cartoons without permission from the copyright holders, and make occasional comments on the state of our great Nation and the world in general.

"God bless us, every one."

1 comment:

  1. I do hope that your rehab program goes well and that yu benefit from it.

    Good luck for the future :)

    ReplyDelete