2007/10/24

it has been over a month since my last post

... but I'm not gone

The past month has been relatively uneventful for me, though there are a few new developments.

I did spend five days in Detox again a couple of weeks ago, but I also have an addiction counselor now. Also, I have been attending A.A. meetings. Sporadically, but that is better than I was doing.

My addiction counselor has put me on the waiting list for what is supposed to be "the best rehab center in Florida." I gave up on the idea of attending one of the "faith-based" centers, because most of them believe that all you need is lots of Bible study and physical labor to get sober. If I were to go to one of those places, I'd probably end up walking away very soon. I did so once before.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Jay. Maybe with the new help you will have a successful rehabilitation. Prayers to you and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete