2007/06/08

last day

Today is my last day working at TCC. The first half of the morning was busy, but I have done nothing but surf the web since about 10:30.

I had hoped that my boss would treat me to lunch as a send-off, but no such luck. He took another guy.

If we still have nothing to do after lunch, I may just leave so I can panhandle some money to eat with. I found a taco (still in its wrapper) in a trash can on the walk to work this morning, but now I'm hungry again.

Yesterday I emailed a guy who works at a local group residence. I have been on the waiting list there for six months, and I need to know where my application stands. He wrote back, saying that he would forward my question to the Powers That Be.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to tell you the story about the Hole In My Sidewalk.

    Chapter One

    I walk down a street and there's a big hole. I don't see it and fall into it. It's dark and hopeless and it takes me a long time to find my way out. It's not my fault !

    Chapter Two

    I walk down the same street. There's a big hole and I can see it, but I still fall in. It's dark and hopeless and it takes me a long time to get out. It's still not my fault.

    Chapter Three

    I walk down a street. There's a big hole. I can see it, but I still fall in. It's become a habit. But I keep my eyes open and get out immediately. It is my fault.

    Chapter Four

    I walk down a street. There's a big hole. And I walk around it.

    Chapter Five

    I walk down a different street.

    ReplyDelete